Sunday 17 March 2013

Parking

I've come here to vent my anger and frustration that I get from parking in my uni car park. It gets tremendously busy, very quickly and people park like dicks; politely put. Come 10:00 am, there are literally no spots to park in, so I do one last check around the car park and proceed to the exit to find another location to park in a little further away from uni. I don't mind a walk from time to time.





However, some people are lazy. They park like this:


And like this:

The little blue boxes in the second picture are the ticket machines with cars parked illegally in front of them. Not to mention the cars further on neat the lamp post (the lightly coloured Corsa) is also parked like a twat. This therefore turns a two lane road, into barely one on some occasions. It's hard to see where cars are going and coming from; me and my uni coursemates have even witnessed at least two bumps from the second floor windows that overlook the car park. 

Personally, I find the first picture the worst. As you can see, the red car (my brother's) and the blue car (my friend's) are parked correctly, but the little Corsa decides to park in between them, thinking it's OK. He even got out and wandered around the car for a bit, making gestures to his friend saying how the other cars could get out. 

Now, there are signs around the car park that read:



And as you can clearly see, it says find a spot first, then buy a ticket. Do people do this? Do they bollocks. I only ever buy a ticket first on a Tuesday morning as I get to the car park at 08:30 am when it is empty. So these people buy a ticket and end up driving around hopelessly looking for a spot that probably won't free up (well, until around half 12...). Then that leads them to parking what they think is OK, but really isn't. 

You may also see on the sign it says if you are not parked in a legal space, you will receive an £80 fine. I've seen a few on windscreens, but hardly ever do the parking attendants actually go round. The little Corsa from earlier did have a red warning cemented onto the driver's door window, as did a few others. The system works by you can receive three warnings before being issued a fine, which in my eyes is nonsense. That allows the idiots to park there two more times after the first one, and more times than not because there are hardly ever any parking attendants, they park illegally more often, before receiving an actual fine. Now, my opinion is that they should immediately be fined £80, of course reduced to £40 if paid within two weeks. I'm fairly certain it would reduce the number of cretins parking inconsiderately and illegally. Maybe things would be different if some other company didn't operate the car park security. 

I wouldn't mind issuing the tickets in my spare time, to be honest. I don't know, there's something about it that I would enjoy. 

That's all for now. Feel a little better after that rant! 


1 comment: